Lady's finger is the queen of all the vegetables. I was searching for recipe online and I found the usual recipes. Currently I am experimenting with mint leaves or pudina. I have seen people adding kasuri methi in stir fry's. So I thought why not make a stir fry with mint leaves. I loved the minty taste of lady's finger. Hope you like it too.
Recipe Source: My own
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20min
Lady's finger/okra:500gm chop finely in small rounds and apply salt
Onion: 1/2 cup, finely chopped or half of a small onion
Tomato: 1 small finely chopped
Ginger-Garlic paste: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Amchur Powder/ Dry mango Powder: 1/2 tsp
Kasuri Methi: 1/2 tsp crushed
Mint leaves: 1 cup washed
Coriander leaves: 1 cup
Oil: 1 tbsp
Salt according to taste
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry till they are translucent, followed by ginger-garlic paste.
3. Once the ginger-garlic paste starts given out aroma add the finely chopped tomatoes.
4. Simmer the flame and add all the spice powders and salt.
5. Add the chopped Lady's finger to which salt is already applied in the pan followed by crushed kasuri methi.
6. In a blender finely chop the washed coriander and mint leaves without adding water which should be powdery by now.
7. Garnish the stir fry with the finely chopped leaves from the blender.
This dish goes well with rice and chappathi's.