Monday, December 7, 2015

Sweet Potato and Pecan Salad

This was my second Thanksgiving in US.And I finally decided to embrace the American Holidays. Thought about preparing an Indian style Thanksgiving meal. I was very confused as to what to cook. I didn't want to miss the basic essential elements of American Thanksgiving meal at the same time. This one dish particularly impressed me a lot. I picked it up from a food group.

Ingredients :
Sweet Potato : 1
Orange/ Clementine : 2
Pecan : 3/4 cup
Cinnamon : 1 tsp
Honey : 1 tbsp

Procedure :
1. Peel the skin and cut them into small cubes.
2. Grate the zest of one clemetine around 1 tbsp and keep it aside.
3. Squeze the juice of both the clementine, add the cinnamon and honey to it and add the cut sweet potatoes and pecans to it.
4. Pre Heat the oven to 350 degree faranheit.
5. Bake them for 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment