Bhindi do Pyaza, the name suggests that the ratio of onion is twice that of lady's finger. This crispy curry goes well with chappati as well as rice.
Okra/ Lady's Finger : 250 grams ( Julienne cut)
Onion : 500 grams (Julienne cut)
Green Chilli : 2-3
Oil : 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Amchur Powder : 1 tsp
Cumin Powder : 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) : 2 tbsp
Salt according to taste
1. Wash and dry the okra and cut it vertically (you can cut it in any shape you desire).
2. In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, once they splutter add chopped green chili.
3. Add the chopped onions and turmeric powder and cook till they turn translucent and slightly brown.
4. Add the chopped okra pieces and cook till the sliminess of okra disappears.
5. Add all the spice powders with salt and mix well, once it is completely cooked garnish with coriander leaves.