Great finger food for parties which can be made ahead and stored in the refridgerator. And when required can be heated in microwave.
Mushroom : 10 -15 medium sized or 1 cup(Cleaned and chopped into slices)
Cheese : 1/2 cup (Grated)
Bread :3 slices
Sesame Seeds : 1/4 cup
Garlic : 4 to 5 flakes (Peeled and chopped )
Chilli Flakes : 1/2 tsp
Basil Leaves : 5 to 6 (finely chopped)
Salt : according to taste
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Vegetable oil : 1 tsp +to roast the bread on tawa
1. Heat oil add chopped garlic and once the garlic turns slightly brown add the chopped mushrooms.
2. Cook till all the water is evaporated and now add pepper powder, chilli flakes, salt, basil leaves and cheese. Switch off the flame.
3. Divide the mixture into 3 parts.
4. On a flat tawa heat 3 slices of bread and spread the mushroom mixture on the top.
5. Now sprinkle the sesame seeds on top of them and make sure it sticks well.
6. Once the sesame seeds are stuck flip and cook for a minute or so on the other side.
7. When the bread is cooked on both the sides and turns crispy cut them into 4 strips and serve with ketchup or mint chutney.