Lady's Finger are among the very low calorie vegetables. They provide just 30 calories per 100 g, besides containing no saturated fats or cholesterol. Nonetheless, they are rich sources of dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins; often recommended by nutritionists in cholesterol controlling and weight reduction programs.
Lady's Finger/Okra : 1/2 kg
Oil : 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
Green Chilli/ Chilli Powder : 4-5
Salt according to taste
1. Wash and clean the okra and wipe them clean.
2. Cut of the crown and cut them horizontally into tiny round pieces.
3. Apply salt to the cut pieces and keep them aside.
4. In a pan add oil followed by mustard seeds and once they start crackling add green chillies or chilli powder followed by the cut okra pieces.
5. Cook on a low flame for 20 min.
6. It's easy to identify if okra is cooked as the sliminess of the okra would disappear completely.