Dosa... The very name brings water in my mouth. Being from south India dosa was a daily affair for us. And it still is. But the variations in dosa is the only difference. This dosa is not made of rice. Dosa is crispy and soft.
Urad dal : 1 cup
Rava/ sooji : 1 cup
Water to add bring into dosa consistency
Green Chilli : 5 to 6
Ginger : 1 inch
Salt according to taste
1. Soak urad dal in water for 5 to 6 hours.
2. Grind it to a smooth paste and add salt and ferment it overnight.
3. Add the rava/ sooji and water and mix well and bring it to dosa consistency.
4. Add grated ginger and green chilli.
5. With a ladle spread on the tawa and add 1 drop of oil and roast well.
6. Once it is well roasted (it will turn brown) flip and cook and the other side as well.
7. Serve with coconut chutney.