For the outer Cover :
Gram Flour/ Besan : 1 cup
Maida/ All Purpose Flour : 1 cup
Oil : 1/4 cup
Salt : according to taste
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Ajwain : 1/4 tsp
Oil : For deep fry or apply on the bakarwadi's with a brush while baking
For Inner Stuffing :
White Sesame Seeds : 1 tbsp
Dessicated Coconut Powder : 2 Tbsp
Khus Khus : 1/2 tbsp
Ginger Powder : 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder : 1/2 tsp
Jeera Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Salt : 3/4 tsp or according to taste
Sugar (powdered) : 2 tsp
Tamarind water/ Lemon Juice : 1 Tbsp or so (To apply on the outer cover so that the stuffing sticks to the dough)
1. Mix all the ingredients given under outer covering with water. The dough should not be very soft. It should be a little harder than chappati dough. Keep the dough covered with a cloth and keep it aside for some time.
2. Now in the meantime mix all the inner stuffing ingredients except lemon juice.
3. Now roll the dough and spread the lemon juice on the rolled dough.
4. Now spread the inner stuffing and roll the dough. Now cut them into small pieces.
5. You can either deep fry the rolls or bake them.
6. Now preheat the oven to 350 degree Faranheit. Spread the small rolled dough pieces and brush oil on them.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Can store them in a closed container. Can be stored upto 2 weeks.
|Apply the lemon juice on the spread out dough|
|Spread the inner stuffing on top|
|Spread the rolled and cut pieces and brush oil on the baking sheet|