One of the most despised vegetable by me has turned into my favorite. I am on a purple mission now. Trying to find the recipe's that suit my taste. This spicy tawa fry turned out to be healthy, crispy and yummy.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Indian Eggplant/ Brinjal : 2
Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder: 1/4 tsp
Amchur Powder/ Dry Mango Powder: 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder: 1/8 tsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Salt according to taste
Rice Powder: 3 tbsp
Oil for roasting
1. Wash the eggplant properly and cut it into thin round slices.
2. In a bowl mix all the spice powders together, salt and water (the consistency should be that of a paste)
3. In another bowl or plate spread the rice powder.
4. Apply the spice paste to each slice of the brinjal/eggplat.
5. Once the spice paste is spread evenly dip it in the rice powder.
6. Take a flat dosa pan/tawa, heat it and add 1 tsp of oil.
7. Spread the spice-powder dipped eggplant slices on the tawa.
8. Cook till it turns slightly brown and flip them and cook the other side in a similar manner.
Serve hot as a side dish.
1.Once the spice powder is applied on the slices you can keep it aside for some time so that the spices are absorbed by the slices.
2. Since I wanted to make it healthy I used only 1 tsp of oil for each round of a tawa. For making it more spicy can add more oil if necessary.