One thing that I miss the most in Phoenix is someone to speak in Konkani. Eat konkani food and celebrate konkani festival. After coming here I have understood the importance of getting along well with your community members. I have a huge friends circle. But still sometimes a single person to talk in your mother tongue makes all the difference.
Ivy gourd : 250 gas
Cashews : 1 cup ( tender cashews are the best combination)
Chilli Powder / dry chilli: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Grated coconut : 1 tbsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Salt according to taste
1. Cut the Ivy gourds vertically into 4 pieces.
2. If not using tender cashews soak them in hot water.
3. In a pan add oil; mustard seeds and once they start spluttering add dry chilli or chilli powder.
4. Add the cashews and Ivy Gourd and cook for 20 min on a low flame.
5. Once the ivy gourds are cooked well garnish with grated coconut.