I do not know how this recipe tastes. Because I do not eat mutton. But R.K. gave me thumb's up.
Mutton : 1 kg
Bamathi Rice : 2 cups ( soak for half an hour)
Pepper Powder ( coarse) : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds : 1 tbsp
Cardamom : 3
Cloves : 4
Bay Leaf : 3
Cinnamon : 1 inch piece
Star Anise : 2
Onion : 1 large
Tomato : 1 small
Coconut milk : 1/2 cup
Garlic : 4 -5 pods (cut into small pieces)
Ginger : 2 inch
Mint leaves : 1 bunch
Coriander leaves : 1 bunch
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Chilli Powder : 1 tsp
Salt according to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
Ghee : 1 tbsp
1. Cook the mutton in the pressure cooker with very little water, salt, turmeric and coarse pepper powder for 7 to whistles.
2. In a pan add 1 tbsp ghee and 1 tbsp oil and add fennel seeds, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, star anise and cinnamon; gently fry till the a fragrant smell of spices waft up.
3. Add thinly vertical slices of onion and fry till they turn brown; add finely chopped garlic and ginger; followed by mint leaves and coriander leaves.
4. Add vertically sliced tomato slices followed by Garam Masala, chilly powder and add the cooked mutton and mix with the rice.
5. Now take a pressure cooker or the electric cooker boil water ( water : rice =
6. Mix some 1/2 cup of coconut milk and calculate it as the water ratio.
7. Add the rice along with the cooked mutton and check the salt. ( Add if required)
8. If using a pressure cooker do not cook for more than 2 whistles.
9. Serve with salad.