Doesn't the smell of Saffron make your taste buds drip saliva. It enhances the taste of the dish. So today I tried making Saffron Rice and I was very happy with the results.
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Saffron : 1/2 tsp
Milk : 1/2 cup
Ghee/ Butter : 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Cloves : 2
Cardamom : 2
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Bay leaf : 2
Star Anise : 2
Cashew : 10-15
Salt according to taste
1. Wash and soak the Basmati rice for half an hour.
2. In a rice cooker add ghee followed by cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf and Cashews.
3. Warm the milk and add the crushed saffron.
4. Add this milk to the rice and 1 cup water.
5. Cook the rice and in the end fluff it up and serve it hot.