Mushroom : 15- 20
Red Chiilies : 18 -20 (Byadagi: 8 and Kashmiri Red Chillies: 8-9)
Coriander Seeds : 1 tsp
Curry Leaves : A sprig
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp +1/4 tsp
Tamarind : A cherry sized ball
Garlic Cloves : 5-6
Ghee : 3 tbsp
Oil : a few drops
Salt According to taste
1. Clean and chop the mushrooms into thin slices.
2. In a pan roast red chillies, coariander seeds, curry leaves and off the flame add turmeric powder.
3. Once the roasted items cool down grind them with tamarind, garlic, salt and little water into a smooth paste.
4. In a non- stick pan heat ghee and add turmeric powder; add chopped mushrooms and salt; saute the mushrooms till they release water and are cooked properly. The mushrooms should be cooked in about 5 minutes.
5. Now add the grinded paste and add 1/2 cup of water to get a little gravy consistency. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes till the water evaporates and at the same time you have a little gravy left in it.