Coriander Leaves : 4 tbsp
Carrot : 1/2 cup (Grated)+ A few cut thin slices
Pudina Leaves : 2 tbsp
Garlic : 4-5 pods finely chopped
Ginger : 1 inch finely chopped
Peppercorn : 2 tsp
Basil Leaves : 1 tsp (Chopped)
Thyme : 1 tsp (Chopped)
Rosemary : 1 tsp (Chopped)
Corn Flour : 1 tbsp mixed in 1/4 cup water
Spring Onion : 2 tbsp of thin slices
Lemon Juice : 1 tbsp to squeeze on the top at the end
Salt to Taste
Oil : 1 tsp
1. In a pan heat oil add chopped ginger and garlic and cook till the garlic turns slightly brown.
2. Add grated carrot and saute well. Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, basil, thyme, rosemary, peppercorns and add 2 cups of water and boil it.
3. Boil it so that the quantity is reduced by 1/4th. (Can avoid this step if using vegetable stock).
4. Now filter the water into another bowl and grind the rest of the mass.
5. Now heat the filtered water, add the corn flour paste and the grinded mass; along with chopped carrot slices and slices of the roots of the spring onion as well as salt.
6. Boil it till we get a thick quantity and finally squeeze the lemon juice on top; serve it hot.