This is a recipe that I adapted from Veg Recipes of India. It came out really good.
Cauliflower : 1 medium Sized (Cut the florets into medium sized pieces)
Onion :1 (Finely chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste : 1 tbsp
Tomato : 2
Cashewnuts : 15 (Soak in hot water for 30 minutes)
Oil : 1 tbsp
Bay Leaf : 1
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Yogurt/ Thick Curd : 1/2 cup
Kasuri Methi : 1 tbsp (Crush with your palms)
Fresh cream / Milk : 1/4 cup
Salt according to taste
Spice Powders :
Coriander Powder : 1.5 tsp
Chilli Powder : 1.5 tsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
1. Boil the cauliflower florets in 3 cups of water for 15 to 20 minutes. On a non- stick deep bottomed tawa put the drained cauliflower florets and cook till it turns brown in color and keep them aside. This will take 10- 15 minutes. Cook them on a low flame.
2. In the same heat oil add bay leaf and cumin seeds and once they start sizzling add finely chopped onion and cook till they turn slightly brown in color.
3. Add ginger garlic paste. Make a paste of Tomato and cashew in a blender and add them into the tawa.
4. Once the paste comes to a boil add all the spice powders. Once the oil starts floating on top add the whisked yogurt.
5. Add around 1 cup water and let it come to a boil.
6. Finally add fresh cream, salt according to taste and crushed Kasuri Methi. (If adding milk add 1/2 cup of milk).