I love cooking paneer dishes. There are a lot of recipes online. But only a few taste simply the best. This is a mildly spiced paneer/ cottage cheese gravy.
Recipe Source : Monsoon Spice
Paneer : 15-20 cubes
Green Peas : 1/2 cup (Fresh or Frozen)
Milk : 3/4 cup
Oil : 2 tsp
Pepper Corns : 2 tsp (Crush 1.5 tsp and keep 1/2 tsp aside) /White Pepper Powder : 1.5 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala : 1/2 tsp
Onion Cashew Paste:
Onion : 1 (Big)
Cashew Nuts : 10 (Soak in hot water)
Garlic : 4 pods
Ginger : 1/2 inch
1. Grind all the ingredients under onion cashew paste.
2. Heat oil add cumin seeds and once it starts sizzling add the onion cashew paste; cook till the raw smell disappears. Saute till it starts releasing oil.
3. Once the onion paste is sauteed add turmeric powder and garam masala.
4. Now add 2 cups of water and salt and once it comes to a boil add the paneer cubes and green peas.
5. Now garnish with crushed pepper.