Thursday, July 30, 2015

Coconut Cake

Its been 3 years since I have started this blog. There is growth in my cooking and my food photography too. I still click the photos with my mobile. The more you cook the more you learn. I get inspiration to cook new things from facebook food groups and many other food blogs.

Ingredients :
All Purpose Flour : 1 and 1/4 cup
Coconut Oil : 1/2 cup
Dried Coconut Powder : 3/4 cup
Curd : 1/2 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence : 1 tsp
Granulated Sugar : 1 cup

Procedure :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree faranheit.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
3. MIx together oil, sugar, curd, vanilla essence and milk with a beater at medium speed.
4. Now add the all purpose flour in the wet mixture.
5. Fold it the coconut flakes and beat for another 20 seconds with the beater.
6. Pour the batter in a 9x5 bread tin. You can alternately pour it in a cake tray.
7. Bake it for 20 minutes. The top bakes pretty quickly.
8. Cover it with a foil and bake furthur for another 20 minutes. (It took me nearly 40 minutes to bake the cake overall).







No comments:

Post a Comment