I prepared this cake for our 4th engagement anniversary. I love experimenting with mawa. I was happy visually about the cake. But when the cake was not warm I could feel the smell of was overpowering. So the next time I make it I would probably add 1 egg.
All Purpose Flour : 1 and 1/4 cup
Baking Powder : 1/2 tsp
Green Cardamom Powder : 1/4 tsp
Salt : a pinch
Mawa : 1/2 cup (softened)
Butter : 7 tbsp
Sugar : 1 cup
Eggs : 2 ( Or 1 and increase the milk )
Milk : 6 tbsp
Saffron : 1 tsp
Pistachio : 1/2 cup
Almonds/ Pistachio : for garnishing (I used almonds but you can substitute with Pistachio)
1. Bring the eggs, mawa and butter to room temperature.
2. Heat up the milk for 10-20 seconds in microwave add the saffron strands and let them soak.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom powder.
4. In another bowl mix the butter, sugar and mawa till it turns slightly brown in color.
5. Once the mawa mixture turns creamy add the eggs and beat for 2 more minutes.
6. Now add the milk saffron mixture and beat it on low speed for 2 minutes.
7. Add the mixed flour beat on medium speed to make it smooth and creamy batter. Fold in the pistachio with the batter
8. Pour the batter in a greased cake pan and garnish with pistachio/almonds.
9. Bake them for 22-25 minutes at 350 F. Check once with toothpick if not bake for another 5 minutes until the toothpick comes clean.