Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Mango Barfi

Well summer time is my favorite, not for the like of the weather but for the like of Mangoes. One of my favorite. I recently found yummy Mangoes in Fry's store. 3 mangoes for $1. And I was not sure how they would taste. So I bought 6 of them. And later I went on to regret why I didn't buy more of them. Well I came across this yummy recipe in one other food blog.

Ingredients :

Khoa/ Mawa : 3/4 cup (Softened and grated)
Sugar : 1/2 cup (According to the sweetness of mango)
Mango Pulp : 1/2 cup (Or from one large mango)
Saffron : A pinch
Milk : 1 tbsp
Ghee : 1 tsp
Cardamom : 1 (Crushed)


Procedure :
1. Keep the mawa/khoa at out of refrigerator to bring it to room temperature.
2. Heat a pan add ghee and add the crumbled khoa/mawa.
3. Add the pureed mango and mix well with khoa/mawa and cook it well.
4. Add a pinch of saffron in warm milk and add it to the khoa mixture and cook till it starts releasing ghee from the sides.
5. Add the cardamom pods (I skipped this step).
6. Pour it in molds and refrigerate for some time.







No comments:

Post a Comment