This is a 3 layered trifle. With vanilla cake as the base, custard as the middle layer topped with jelly.
For cake :
Egg : 1
Powdered Sugar : 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil : 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour : 3/4 cup
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence : 1/2 tsp
1. Sieve all purpose flour along with baking powder.
2. In another bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix well with sugar.
3. Finally add the all purpose flour and bake at 350 degree for 20 minutes (Check with a toothpick)
4. Let it cool down and meanwhile prepare the custard layer.
P. S : Use a cling film on all sides of the cake tray so that we can pull all the layers or leave in the pan and cut directly from it.
Custard Layer :
Milk : 2 cups
Custard Powder : 4 tbsp.
Saffron Strands : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 3/4 cup (According to taste)
1. Boil milk along with sugar and check for sweetness.
2. Mix custard powder with half cup of water and add it to the boiling milk. (Can add crushed saffron mixed with 1 tbsp of milk)
3. Lower the flame and keep stirring till a lumpy mass is formed.
4. Spread this on top of the cake and keep in the freezer.
Jelly Layer :
Ingredients :Strawberry jelly Pack (80 grams)
1. Prepare the jelly as per the instructions on the pack or follow step 2.
2. Bring 3/4 cup of water to boil and mix the strawberry jelly in it.
3. Add 3/4 cold water into it and pour the mixture on top of the custard layer.
4. Cool in the refrigerator for 15 in or until the layer is set.