Mushti means fistful. Its called so because we add a fistful of ingredients. Fistful can be equal to 1/4 cup
Dosa Rice : 1 cup
Urad dal : 1/4 cup
Shredded Coconut/ Fresh or Frozen : 1/4 cup
Cooked Rice : 1/4 cup ( Optional )
Puffed Rice / Aval / Poha : 1/4 cup
Methi seeds : 1/2 tsp
Salt According to Taste
1. Soak Dosa Rice, Urad Dal and Methi Seeds for 4 to 5 hours.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients together into a coarse paste.
3. Now add Puffed Rice ( soak in water for 2 min as it becomes a paste if soaked for long), Cooked rice (Optional: it makes the dosa soft), along with Shredded Coconut and grind into a smooth paste.
4. Add salt and keep it for fermenting for 8 to 9 hours.
5. On a tawa pour the batter and cook on both sides.