Green Peas (soaked overnight)- 1 cup
Grated Coconut- 1/2 cup
Red chilies- 10-12
Tamarind- a small ball (Gooseberry Size)
Garlic- 5-6 Pods
Salt to Taste
Oil- 2 Tbsp
1. Boil the soaked Green peas for 4 whistles and lower the flame and keep it for 5 min.
2. Grind the coconut with chilies and tamarind.
3. Bring the peas to a boil by adding salt and later add the grinded masala from step 2 to the boiled peas.
4. In the seasoning pan heat oil and add the garlic pods (crush the garlic pods).
5. Add the seasoning to the boiled Peas curry.
Goes well with Idli, dosa and rice.