Dosa is a daily affair in south Indian households. But I wanted a healthy substitute for rice. So I replaced rice with Barley and having a healthy dosa.
Urad dal : 1 cup
Dosa Rice : 2 cups
Barley : 2 cups
Methi seeds : 1 tsp
Salt according to taste
1. Soak Urad dal and Methi seeds together in a bowl for 4 to 5 hours
2. Soak rice and barley together in the other bowl for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Grind the ingredients of first bowl into a paste and later the second bowl and mix well.
4. Add salt and ferment for 8 hours.
5. On a tawa spread the batter and cook till it turns crispy.
6. Serve with chutney and Sambar.