Well a combination which I have been wanting to try since a very long time. Navrathri gave me this opportunity. People keep saying that potato is not a very good vegetable for health. But I just keep experimenting with it.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Recipe source: Followed 2 blogs Sharmi's Passion and Monsoon Spice
Difficult level: Medium
Cauliflower (cut into florets)- 2 cup
Turmeric Powder- 2 tsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
Green Chilli- 3-4
Onion- 2 medium
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
Kasuri methi (crushed)- 1 tsp
Tomato- 1 big
Red chilli Powder- 1tsp
Coriander Powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala- 1tsp
Salt to taste
1. In a pot boil water add salt and turmeric powder along with the chopped cauliflower florets and cook till its soft.
2. In a pressure cooker boil the potatoes for 3 whistles peel and cut into cube.
1. In a pan take oil add Cumin seeds, once it starts spluttering add asafoetida.
2. Now spice it up with finely chopped green chili and onion.
3. Once the onion turns brown add ginger-garlic paste and kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and cook for two minutes till the raw smell of ginger garlic paste doesn't disappear.
4. Add finely chopped tomato followed by spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala followed by salt.
5. Add the boiled cauliflower florets and toss well so that all the spices are mixed well.
6. Add the boiled potatoes and mix well.
7.Sprinkle salt and garnish with chopped Coriander leaves
Goes well with roti or naan.