This is one of the tastiest tuber food items other than potato. But the only problem I face while preparing this is for the preparation. A huge amount of time goes in removing the peel and chopping them. But all the hard work is worth it when it is ready.
Chinese Potato- 1/2 kg
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Red Chilli- 4-5
Oil- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut- 1/2 cup (Scraped)
1. Wash the Potatoes 2-3 times and scrap out the peel.
2. Cut it into thin slices longitudinally.
3. Boil the sliced pieces for 1 whistle in a cooker. (you can avoid this step and cook by adding water too, but this method saves the cooking gas).
4. In a pan add oil followed by mustard seeds.
5. Once they start spluttering add the red chilli followed by the cooked potatoes and salt.
6. Once its cooked (in case you avoid step 3 add water now and allow it to cook) add the scarped coconut.