I had ordered cashew masala from a restaurant. I have been itching to try it since then. And then I got the simplest recipe from a food blog called Monsoon Spice.
Cashew Nuts- 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tsp
Fresh Cream- 2 tbsp
Ghee- 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1/2 tsp
Kasuri Methi- 1/2 tsp crushed
Amchur Powder- 1/2 tsp
Coriander Seeds- 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1 and 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri Red chillies - 4-5
Cashew Nuts- 9-10
1. Grind all the ingredients on list 1 without adding water.
2. In a pan take 3/4 tbsp of ghee and roast the cashews till they turn slightly brown.
3. Shift the cashews in a plate and in the same pan add the rest of the ghee and fry the onion paste.
(Roast it till it stops sticking to the pan or until its properly cooked).
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and kasuri methi and fry for 1 min till the ginger garlic paste is cooked.
4. Add the spices i.e garam masala and amchur powder.
5. Make puree out of tomato and add in in the pan and cook for 2 min.
6. Add salt and 1 glass of water and cook for 5 min till all the spices are mixed.
7. Add the roasted Cashew's and cook for 2-3 min.
8. Befor lowering from the flame add fresh cream and garnish with coriander leaves.