This is one of my mamama's ( granny's) recipe. She always prepares stir fry in various combinations.
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
1. In a pan add oil followed by mustard seeds and once it starts spluttering add the red chilies.
2. Add the chopped onions and fry till it is slightly cooked (in oil though don't wait till it turns brown).
3. Add the chopped potatoes and water.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the potatoes to cook in water.
5. Once it is completely cooked and all the water evaporated remove from the flame.