This dish can't be prepared with dried Green peas and but with fresh green peas. This goes really well with dosa, idli and rice.
Green peas- 1 cup
Potatoes chopped- 1 cup
Onion chopped - 1cup
Coconut (scraped) - 1 cup
Red Chili- 5-6
Tamarind- a cheery sized ball
Salt to Taste
1. Boil the diced potatoes, green peas and 1/2 cup of onion in water.
2. In a blender grind the coconut, red chili and tamarind with water.
3. Mix coconut paste with the boiled vegetables.
4. In a seasoning pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add the rest of the onion and fry till it turns brown.
5. Add the seasoning to the mixture of coconut paste and vegetables.