This recipe I got from my MIL. I make this as a lunch item.
Onion (thinly chopped)-2 medium
Tomato- 2 medium
Mint leaves (pudina)- a small bunch
Coriander Leaves- a small bunch
Ginger Garlic Paste
Basmati Rice- 1 cup
Green Chilies- 5-6
Biryani powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp (I purchased this one from the store)*
Ghee - 2 Tbsp**
Cinnamon-1 inch piece
Bay leaf- 1
1. In a cooker add ghee and put in the spices (cloves, Cinnamon, bay leaf and Cardamon) and fry it slightly till the aroma comes.
2. Add the thinly sliced Onion pieces and fry until it turns light brown.
3.Add the ginger garlic paste followed by the Mint leaves and Coriander leaves.
4. Once it slightly cooked add tomatoes and cook till it turns soft.
5. Add the biryani powder and add the egg and mix all the ingredients well.
6. Add the washed Basmati rice and stir it for a minute so that the ingredients mix well with the rice.
7. Add water (for half cup rice I used 1 glass of water)*** followed by salt.
8.Cook it for exactly 2 whistles.
**- a mixture of 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp of ghee can be used.
***- Measurement can be varied accordingly.