Ashgourd- 1/4 kg
Curry Leaves- 20
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp (for seasoning)
Urad Dal- 1tsp
Black Sesame seeds (Til)- 2 tsp
Coconut scraped- 1 cup
Grated Jageery- 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. In a deep bottomed pan pour some water and add the ash gourd pieces to cook along with 10 curry leaves.
2. Meanwhile in another pan dry roast coconut, urad dal and sesame seeds till it turns slightly brown in color.
3. Cool the roasted mixture and grind it to a smooth paste with water.
4. In a seasoning pan roast coriander seeds with oil and mix with the grinded paste and grind it again.
5. Add the grinded mixture with the ash gourd pieces and bring it to boil.
6. Add salt and jaggery.
7.Season with mustard and curry leaves.