This was the Vali from my MIL's patch of green. Its actually spinach like leaf. Usually we make Ambat (Konkani Delicacy) out of this leaf, well that's for next time.
Vali- a bunch of leaves
Garlic- 10 pods
Red Chilies- 2-3
Oil- 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
1. Wash the leaves carefully once or twice like any other leafy vegetables (I avoided using the stem fir this one, stem are juicy and tasty which is usually used in Vali Ambat).
2. In a pan pour oil followed by garlic pods and fry them till they turn slightly brown in color.
3. Add the red chilies followed by the leaves.
4. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 5 min (you will notice that water can be avoided as the leaves releases water.
5. Salt can be added at the end as the quantity gets reduced.